Sunday, July 11, 2010

Finally finished faerie bedroom

I finally finished this fairie bedroom. It's just been waiting for the bedclothes. Last week I discovered a stash of crocheted and antique lace trims for 25 to 50 cents each. Crocheted circles for faerie rugs, lacy linens for canopies, and pretty trims for blankets, like this one here (even though you can't see it in this pic).

Today I spent the afternoon traipsing through the woods in 100 degree heat, searching for wooden treasures that are decayed enough for interest but not so decayed that they're falling apart. One piece is a network of roots. I sawed them off so that they stand on a flat surface. The result is the framework for numerous faerie rooms, with branches to hang mini windchimes, faerie laundry, lanterns and prayer flags. I can't wait to get started (but, alas, the work week starts tomorrow - maybe next weekend.)

Anyway, here is my newest bedroom. I'll post it to etsy when I get take some better pictures. Thanks for looking.

1 comment: